Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Remembering My Dad

As I walked by the mantle my eyes fell on my dad who is no longer on earth. He has passed on. It is a picture with the two of us hugged up together.

I miss him, though we spent little time together, though in the later years of his life he re-connected
with the little girl he once abandoned. He was still my father. And those last days we shared meant so much to me.

I’m glad I had the opportunity to visit and take those pictures. I could put them away but I don’t. Every now and then when it catches my eye, I smile and say, “Daddy, I miss you.”

When he was alive I didn’t call him regularly. I let too much time lapse. I should have taken more advantage of his living days but I didn’t. I don’t regret it. In looking back in hindsight and forward, at least when he was alive I had a choice but now what I have is his memories that make me smile when I look upon his face.

Thank you, God for allowing me those latter years, for allowing my heart to forgive and to make the best of one weekend in the time of our lives on earth.

If your daddy is alive, keep in touch, because one day he won’t be here. We take those in our lives sometimes for granted. . . Don’t!

More people stories at www.realstoriesrealpeople.blogspot.com

No comments: