Saturday, July 10, 2010

God, There Are Too Many People Dying

Death continues to happen around me. I use to be afraid of death until I found out the secret to not being afraid, or why I was really afraid. People are always afraid when they don’t know something, when they are uncertain about something, it is fearful.

I feel for people who lose a loved one, even if they are not my relatives. But I know death is inevitable. We are all going to die one day, it’s just a matter of when and how. I hope to live a very long time. My mother is 81; my father died when he was about 83.

A friend just loss his mother. It was tough. He had some hard decisions to make and he was struggling. I am always amazed how quick hospitals are ready to take a life. All of these modern advances and only people with money can extend their lives. It seems so unfair, but that is the country we live in and the greed that has taken root in our country.

Finally, moving through our pastor’s death. Felt a little angry because his health was in his hands but he made some decisions that were contrary to improving his lifestyle.

God, there are too many people dying prematurely because they won’t take care of their health.

My friend is rising above her grief. Some do it faster and others it takes a little longer. I’ve filled some gaps to give her the opportunity to work through her grief. A lesson I have learned that I will pass on. At first when a person dies, everyone is in and out. They need you afterward, so make time to drop by and visit. Do whatever you feel like doing for them because they won’t know what you can do for them.

Have patience in their moments of crying, frustration, reality. Sometimes a hug, or an ear is all that is needed. Don’t smother them. They won’t like that.

Buy little cards and small gifts for them just to let them know you care.

Read how I died to the past and was reborn in There In The Midst at www.print2publish.com book store.

No comments: