Monday, September 6, 2010

The Sting of Death Will Fade (Two Tips To Uplift Your Spirit)

In the past people I have cared for deeply died and I denied myself the closure so that I could keep them forever alive in my memory, rather than see them in that still form face up in a box. I’ve grown pass that stage. We can’t prevent people we love from dying. It is a fact. Many things can be controlled and prolonged in our lives but death, no one knows the hour.

The sting of death will fade but in the meantime here are some ways I have found to help me to get through. Journaling can help. Writing down those thoughts, whether painful or pleasant. The journal is not judgmental. It doesn’t care how many entries you make. It’s job is to be a bridge between the sting of pain in your heart and your creator.

After all, who else can you tell this to? He hears even in the penning of your words; those thoughts that no one knows but you, he knows.

Another way I found to ease the pain as the months went by, to gaze at pictures of family, including the one loss. Just seems to bring a smile, even though they are not here. Picture memories have a way of lightening our moods. The past and present reminding us that change comes right before our eyes.

The Sting of Death Will Fade. . . like the dew on the morning grass. Death is not the end, forever. No, death can be the beginning of something even more beautiful.

Want to know more about death and dying? Visit www.allaboutlifechallenges.org.

No comments: