Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Light A Candle In Memory of Someone You Loss

My father’s birthday is coming up on September 26. He would have been 84 years old.

There won’t be a birthday party, no phone calls, no visits this year. All I have are the memories that we shared in his last years.

I thought about his worm farm, and the dogs he raised to sell, and his garden filled with all types of leafy veggies, water melon, squash and corn. He loved to garden and in that regard I am a lot like him.

My father was an entrepreneur in many ways, not on a large scale but he used what he had, what he knew, and turned it into some type profit, even in his retirement years.

As I walked by the mantle today, I gazed upon his smiling face. Standing side by side I could see the resemblance in my face.

So today, absent my dad to talk to I thought I would light a candle in his memory, tell his story online to encourage others in what they are going through.

Maybe you want to light a candle for your loved one.

No comments: