Friday, February 10, 2012

I Was Afraid of Dying

I have had many people die. I have lost count.
I must admit when people die this question always comes
up: “Did they make it into heaven?”

That is where I want to go when I die.
My grand parents wanted to go there too. I read in the Bible that
The streets are paved with Gold, that there is no need of light
Because the glory of God is so bright that it illuminates heaven.

It’s funny how when you hear of someone dying, it invokes
thoughts, questions and God. I sometimes reflect on the type of life that
person lived, who they are leaving behind.

Death makes me think of things I wouldn’t otherwise
entertain. Death is a reality. You live and you die. I have always
feared death. Why do we fear anything? Because we don’t know what to
expect. It is unfamiliar.

Death of religious people who suffer and die have caused me to ask: Why such suffering on their part?

What I do know, people don’t die and come back to life. The body goes into the
grave and eventually turns back to what it was created to be originally
and that is dust. All that will remain is bone.

The life that was breathed into the body and made it a living soul
will leave, will return to the giver of life. . . God.

Now what? Read what the Book of John, Chapter 11, verse 25,26 says:

Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life.[a] Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha? ”

A lot of people want answers but they would rather look
and accept and believe anything but the Words God gave us
to govern our lives by the promises God made.

God’s instruction book has influenced even the laws we live by
in our society today.

Why I am no longer afraid of dying? Because those words in the book of John
are my comfort, that when this life is finished here on earth
I will live again because of my belief, because of my choices.

You too can have that assurance. You can choose to worry about dying,
leaving this world behind and everything in it, or you can
embrace those words for your life.

God Bless!

More changed lives at www.realstoriesrealpeople.blogspot.com

No comments: