Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wondering About Heaven?


I know that it is a place everyone wants to go who feels they have been good, done good toward others, thereby earning the right to entrance into God’s heaven. Claire gives us something to think about.  

Learning to See Heaven –
By Claire Vorster

    'I have come home at last! This is my real country. I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now...' CS Lewis, The Last Battle.

Do you ever think you were made for another time, or at least a simpler time? To put it another way, do you know that feeling you get when you have had the most perfect holiday and then you have to go back to reality? When you have been somewhere where your soul finds peace and then you have to leave.

It's almost like we get a taste or a whisper of another country. Another, better place that calls to us. Maybe that's why the song 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' is still so popular... where troubles melt like lemon drops, that's where you'll find me. I was thinking about that other country when I wrote this:

Whispers

Are You watching from the Heavens,
Are You higher than the sky?
Are You looking down on us,
Or are You outside of our time?
Can You hear the prayer I'm praying,
Can You see inside my heart?
Can I find You in this moment,
Or am I wishing on a star?

Higher than a star can climb,
And deeper than the night,
I hear whispers of another land,
That's hidden from my sight.
Where angels kiss the rain away,
And darkness turns to light the day,
And we will dance while children play,
Through the rainbows...

And I, oh I, I'm coming back to You, my Lord,
I'm coming back to You, my Lord.

You have always been beside me,
You have always been my friend,
You were there at the beginning,
And in You there is no end.
I can hear the sound of thunder,
I can feel the ocean breeze,
I can see right through the rainbow,
Past the forest and the trees.

And I, oh I, I'm coming back to You, my Lord,
I'm coming back to You, my Lord.

    'If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.' CS Lewis

Why not listen out for those whispers this week?

Claire Vorster is a professional writer with 20 years successful Corporate writing experience, both in the US and the UK. She specializes in inspirational and motivational writing and editing for Corporate clients, magazines, newspapers and online markets.

Claire writes a daily inspirational Blog and is equally at home with WordPress, social networking including Facebook and Twitter, list building and SEO.

Claire writes persuasive and precise motivational copy. With your voice, to your brief, to your deadline.

For writing samples or to contact Claire, please visit -




Discover “You Are You!” and what it means (click here).

No comments: