Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Son, You Are Alive Yet My Heart Grieves


“A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish son grief to his mother. Proverbs 10:1”

A son of mind is a source of grief. He was raised with values and the knowledge of right and wrong. I don’t know what happened. When they are young you have control but when they grow up they make decisions sometimes contrary to what you have taught.

At times I hear myself saying, “If he would only. . . “Nothing will change in his life until he decides to make the change. I grow weary but I hold on to the promises of God in the 23rd Psalm: The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.

Today is the day you have made, Lord, though I struggle with this burden on my heart, help me to lay it at your feet once and for all. My mother once said, “When they are young they are on your lap and when they get older, they are on your heart.”

I never understood what she meant until I experienced it first hand. He is mine. Lord, help me to remember that he belonged to you first.

Son, I love you, and I won't stop praying for your new life.

Mom  

No comments: